Majacraft's "LITTLE GEM II"
The Little Gem II uses a revolutionary new drive concept which provides an easy rolling treadle action for your spinning pleasure.
This is a state-of-the-art travelling folding wheel, especially useful for those who need to transport a spinning wheel to club and conference functions.
This versatile spinning wheel has the capacity to be your main wheel or in addition to your favorite spinning wheel.
The Little Gem II easily handles tasks of spinning and plying wool, mohair, silk, etc.
The Little Gem II, although small and incredibly light (around 4kgs or 10 lb), is full height, has a spinning head that can be turned to suit the spinner, and is very stable.
Features include: double treadle, quick change flyer, no threading hook required, no oiling, sealed bearings, sliding flyer hook, boilable bobbins, sensitive scotch tension, NZ rimu wood construction, comes with a free carry bag.
- ORIFICE HEIGHT -Adjustable - height from 26-28 inches (680mm).
- WEIGHT -10lbs (4kgs). This varies with wood density of each wheel
- RATIOS - Ratios are 4:5:1, 6.0:1 , 8.5:1 , 10.5:1, 12.75:1. These ratios are approximate due to variations in hand turned wheels. It is important to count ratios from pedal revolutions rather than wheel revolutions.
- WHEEL DIAMETER - 8.25 ins (210mm). The Spinning Wheel construction is solid rimu while the drive wheel is mdf with a laminated bamboo face. The wheel is belt driven and spins approximately 1.5 times the speed of pedals rotation.
- CONSTRUCTION TIMBER - NZ Rimu.
- BEARINGS - Flyer shaft and wheel are mounted on sealed roller bearings.
- BOBBINS - Wheels supplied with three plastic bobbins of large capacity. These bobbins are boilable and almost indestructable.
- DRIVE BANDS - Flexible polycord
- TENSION ADJUSTMENT - Head fitted with a scotch tension. Drive belt adjustment is by raising head.
- FLYER DESCRIPTION - Lightweight flyer with delta orifice. Has adjustable flyer hook for easy bobbin filling . Fine fiber flyer also available.
- TREADLE - Comfortable rolling action
- FINISH - Finished in a hard wearing, precatalysed lacquer. The wheel is packed in its carry bag for shipping
- ACCESSORIES - Lace kit, jumbo flyer hooks for bulky yarn. Lazy kates and other "Majacraft" spinning accessories
- Note- specifications are approximate due to the handcrafted nature of this product.
- Wheels will be shipped directly to you from Majacraft.
Here are the changes made to the "Little Gem II"" from the earlier "Little Gem":
- 1. Improved pedal angle
- 2. Removable crank for easy belt change with allen wrench supplied
- 3. Sliding lock moved to the front
- 4. Rear crank pulley is centralized
- 5. The *NEW* "Travelling Kate" is now supplied FREE with this wheel