TOP Image is "Single Drive" Wheel
BOTTOM Image is "Double Drive" Wheel
The Traveller with scotch tension is a great little wheel that suits most spinners. Like the Traditional you can buy "add on" kits that allow you to adapt the wheel to your specific spinning needs.
If you collect the complete set of "add on" kits, you will have a wheel that will spin almost any type of yarn you can imagine.
With the Traveller you also have the bonus of portability. The wheel has been designed to fit snuggly into the trunk of your car—or seat-belted in as a passenger, so it's easy to take it with you to workshops, and spin-ins. The wheel is made from solid New Zealand Silver Beech and comes complete with 4 bobbins, threading hook, learn to spin booklet, and built in lazy kate.
The Traveller Spinning Wheel now comes with Double Treadle as standard.
- WHEEL DIAMETER: 46cm (18")
- ORIFICE: 1cm (3/8")
- ORIFICE HEIGHT: 800mm (31.5")
- BOBBIN CAPACITY: 100gm (3-4oz)
- SINGLE DRIVE RATIOS: 5.5, 10 & 14:1
- DOUBLE DRIVE RATIOS: 6.5, 8.5 & 11.5:1 (bobbin lead)
- WEIGHT: 7kg (15lb)
Free!! With the purchase of an Ashford Traveller Spinning Wheel Kit from our website, you can choose one (1) free gift package…
- A bottle of spinning wheel oil & 16 ounces of nicely prepared wool for spinning